I'm definitely certain of what I want to be when I grow up. I'm sure because my top three choices haven't changed in the last 20 years. They all have a distinct, yet similar, appeal.
2- Race Car Driver
A- Required attire
- Traje de Luz (suit of lights) - hell yea you flashy star!(http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00095/tth03340_95952a.jpg)
- Kick-ass, flame-proof gear with beer sponsor patches and possibly something that allows you to pee in your suit but not on yourself(http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/images/6366.jpg)
- Suspenders over plaid with boots... and lots of wool(http://gravybread.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/lumberjack_bangormn-crp.jpg)
- Unnecessarily fighting for your life against something much bigger and stronger than you. Knowing that if you are going out, it will be before your time in a blaze of gory glory. The women love that.
- Putting someone in to the wall at 200 MPH if they cross your line... or just because they "looked at you hard." Being a cowboy of the asphalt oval. The women love that.
- Not showering, shaving or really having anyone tell you what to do. Some women love that.
- Paella and sangria from the reverent townspeople. Glory. Roses.
- Year's supply of any product plastered on your car. Glory. A big, shiny gold cup.
- Pancakes, sausage and gravy 365 days a year. Glory. Being your own man.